Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, these words shall have the following meanings:
1. “The Piggery” shall mean The Piggery Events and Outside Catering Limited.
2. “The Client” shall mean the person named in the Proposal for whom The Piggery has agreed to provide the Services in accordance with these Terms.
3. “The Contract” shall mean the contract for the provision of the Services from The Piggery for The Client.
4. “The Menu” shall mean the food and beverage selections attached to or referred to in the Proposal or agreed from time to time between The Piggery and The Client.
5. “The Proposal” shall mean the written proposal sent to the client with a description of the service to be provided including all the associated costs, and may be sent by post, email or fax.l” shall mean the written proposal sent to the client with a description of the service to be provided including all the associated costs, and may be sent by post, email or fax.
6. “The Terms” shall mean these terms and conditions.
7. “The Agreed Number of Guests” shall mean the number of guests specified in the Proposal.
8. “The Piggery Staff” shall mean all or any personnel supplied by The Piggery attending the Event at the Venue
9. “The Event” shall mean the event at which the Services are to be supplied
10. “The Venue” shall mean the building or place in which the Services are to be provided
11. “Payment on Account” shall mean such payment received by The Piggery from the Client specified in the Proposal
12. “Equipment” shall mean all or any items used by The Piggery in connection with the provision of these Services including, but not limited to, items of hardware, equipment, glassware, decorative items, bars, optics, beer and wine dispensing equipment, lighting, sound systems, clothing (protective or costume), cleaning equipment or all or any other items whether such equipment belongs to or is hired or rented or borrowed by or on behalf of The Piggery.
13. “The Total Costs” shall mean the total price to be paid by the Client to The Piggery for the provision of the Services specified in the Proposal.
14. “Entertainment” shall mean any entertainment specified in the Proposal.
15. “The Services” shall mean the service to be provided by The Piggery for The Client as detailed in The Proposal.
16. “The Piggery’s Published Literature” shall mean all or any brochures or leaflets produced by or on behalf of The Piggery as well as all information published on the websites or any other social networking website that The Piggery may, either now or in the future, utilise for any reason.
2. The Piggery’s Obligations
1. The Piggery shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide the Services at the Venue on the date and time as specified in the Proposal.
2. Due to seasonal availability of ingredients, The Piggery may substitute, alter, amend or replace any item of food or beverage referred to on the Menu and The Piggery shall not be liable to refund or compensate the client in such regard Provided that such item shall be replaced or substituted with an item of similar or no lower quality.
3. Upon written request by the Client, The Piggery shall use its reasonable endeavours to give any advice or recommendations concerning the provision or utilisation of the Services which are not already supplied to the Client or available from the The Piggery’s Published Literature.
4. The Piggery may correct any typographical or other manifest error or omission in any of The Piggery’s Published Literature or in the Proposal or any quotation or any Menu, price list or other document relating to the provision of the Services without liability to the Client nor warrants that any pricing contained therein is up to date and that the Client shall contact The Piggery in the event of confusion regarding pricing.
5. The Piggery may at any time and without notification or liability to the Client make any changes to the Services such as are reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable legislation, regulation, licensing requirement, planning requirement or direction of any competent authority whether relating to the Venue or otherwise Provided Always that The Piggery shall use its reasonable endeavours to procure that such amendment to the Services does not materially alter or diminish the nature or quality of the Services.
3. Clients Obligations
1. The Client shall at its own expense supply The Piggery with any additional information not contained in the Proposal that The Piggery may reasonably require in order to provide the Services
2. The Client will not produce or distribute invitations, publicity literature or other documentation or publicity release relating to the Services to be provided by The Piggery at the Event without the prior approval thereof by The Piggery, such approval not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
3. The Client shall procure access to the Venue at such times and at such periods for the purpose of the proper organisation and preparation of the Services as may be necessary.
4. The Client shall attend the Venue with The Piggery at such times and occasions as The Piggery may reasonably consider being necessary for the proper organisation and preparation of the Services and in any event not less than once prior to the Event.
5. The Client shall be responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of any Equipment which shall be lost or damaged in connection with the provision of the Services or the repair, cleaning or replacement of any part of the Venue which shall be damaged in connection with the provision of the Services save to the extent that such is covered by insurance and provided always that The Piggery shall use itsreasonable endeavours to protect and care for the Equipment.
1. Subject to any special terms agreed with the Client, all charges shall be based upon The Piggery’s standard charges notified or published from time to time in The Piggery’s Published Literature together with any additional sums which are agreed between The Piggery and the Client for the provision of the Services.
2. All charges quoted to the Client for the provision of the Services are exclusive of any Value Added Tax.
3. If payment is not made on the due date, The Piggery shall be entitled, without limiting any other rights it may have, to charge interest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 4% above the base rate from time to time of Lloyd’s Bank Plc. accruing on a daily basis both before and after judgment together with all costs and losses incurred by The Piggery in the exercise of its rights under these Terms.
4. The Piggery reserves the right to charge extra if the preparation and organisation of the Event is extended as a result of action or inaction of the client
1. If the Client and The Piggery agree the Contract 14 days or more before the Event, then the Client shall pay The Piggery 50% of the Total Costs on the date of the Proposal being approved in order to confirm The Services, and the balance of the Total Costs shall be payable by the Client to The Piggery within 10 days prior to the Event.
2. If the Client and The Piggery agree the Contract less than 14 days before the Event, then the Client shall pay The Piggery 100% of the Total Costs on the date of the Proposal being approved
3. Where payments are made by credit or debit card we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
1. In the event that the Client shall cancel or be deemed to cancel the Event more than one calendar month prior to the date specified in the Proposal then the Client shall be liable for 50 percent of the Total Costs in addition to all out of pocket disbursements or costs of The Piggery in relation to the proposed provision of the Services, credit being given for any additional Payment on Account already paid.
2. In the event that the Client shall cancel or be deemed to cancel the Event one calendar month or less than one calendar month but more than 2 weeks prior to the date specified in the Proposal then the Client shall be liable for 75 percent of the Total Costs in addition to all out of pocket disbursements or costs of The Piggery in relation to the proposed provision of the Services, credit being given for any additional Payment on Account already paid.
3. In the event that the Client shall cancel or be deemed to cancel the Event less than two weeks prior to the date specified in the proposal then the Client shall remain liable for 100 percent of the Total Costs.
4. In the event of cancellation of the Event The Piggery shall use its reasonable endeavours to cancel or terminate any arrangements for the hire of Equipment or the Venue and the employment of The Piggery Staff and shall account to the Client for 75 percent of the financial savings so made.
5. In the event that it shall become impossible, unlawful or impractical for The Piggery to provide the Services (save as a result of any negligent or malicious action or inaction by The Piggery) then The Piggery may, by notice in writing to the Client, terminate the Contract and return to the Client any balance of the Payment on Account remaining after settlement of all or any costs, expenses or liabilities howsoever incurred in respect of the proposed provision of the Services whereupon all further obligations or liabilities owed by one party to the other out of or in connection with the Contract shall determine.
7. Warranties and Liabilities
1. The Piggery warrants to the Client that the Services will be provided using reasonable care and skill and as far as reasonably possible in accordance with the Proposal and at the Venue and on the date and at the time specified and utilising the Menus, Equipment and Entertainment as may be agreed with the Client.
2. The Piggery shall have no liability to the Client for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation howsoever arising in connection with the provision of the Services save in the case of gross negligence or malicious conduct.
3. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by The Piggery’s negligence or as expressly provided in these Terms, The Piggery shall not be liable to the Client by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or any implied warranty, condition or other term or any duty at common law or under the express terms of the Contract for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of The Piggery, its servants or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the Services or their use by the Client or from the Venue and the entire liability of The Piggery under or in connection with the Contract shall not exceed the amount of the Total Costs except as expressly provided in these Terms.
4. The Piggery shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of its obligations in relation to the Services if delay or failure thereof was due to any cause beyond The Piggery’s reasonable control.
1. The Piggery shall maintain Public Liability Insurance in the amount of £5,000,000 for each event.
2. The Piggery shall maintain Employer’s Liability Insurance in the amount of £10,000,000
3. The Piggery accepts no responsibility or liability to the Client regarding the implementation or maintenance of insurance with regard to the Event save as provided in 8.1 & 8.2 and it shall be the responsibility of the Client to arrange and maintain all appropriate insurance cover whether required by applicable statute, Regulation or otherwise in respect of the Event and the Venue
4. The Piggery recommends that the Client should procure appropriate insurance for the Event in respect of an event of Force Majeure and/or an Act of God.